Aquaculture Technician - Barramundi Fish
National Aquaculture Group (NAQUA) is looking for an Aquaculture Technician - Barramundi Fish to join our dedicated fish production team with the following job responsibilities:
- The position requires a high level of attention to details, leads all aspects of Barramundi fingerlings production and brood-stock maintenance.
- This includes spawning, larval rearing; live feed production and transport of live fish. Also to assist brood-stock collection and supervision of husbandry and hatchery production of this species.
- Collection, cleaning, disinfection, and incubation of eggs.
- Fist line maintenance, direct observations and recording of all checklist for critical equipment to ensure all are functioning properly.
- Maintenance of cleanliness and sanitation status of culture tanks, culture areas, work areas, equipment and materials.
- Strong communication, planning and problem solving skills are necessary along with the ability to work weekends and irregular hours during production runs and emergencies.
To be considered for this role, the candidate is expected to have:
- Minimum 5 years prior experience in Barramundi fish production especially in hatchery and nursery stages and extensive record of practical and viable production with proven competence in all disciplines in Marine Farming.
- A University degree specializing in Marine Sciences, Marine Biology, Fisheries, Aquaculture or related field.
- Good understanding of filtration, water and air distribution in RAS systems.
- Good understanding of aquatic animal health care issues.
- Computer literate with minimum MS Office knowledge.
Only candidates who meet the qualification, professional experience, right attitude, values, and skills will be entertained.
Please send your CV to