Asst. Manager Offshore Sea cage Farm Operation
Reporting to the Manager - Offshore Sea cage Farm Operation, the Asst. Manager- Offshore Sea cage Farm Operation shall be responsible for the following:
- Provide leadership and management of the Offshore Farm in order to deliver and achieve the KPIs set for the farm including production tonnage, production and marginal costs, control of OPEX, and FCR.
- Responsible in ensuring that all facilities are effectively and efficiently managed, utilized and operated.
- Define tasks and resources requirements, allocations and schedules.
- Responsible for the overall control of fish production in his area including the management of feed consumption.
- Submit report to the Area Offshore Manager on time of results including but not limited to mortalities, fish weights, fish numbers, FCR, SGR.
- Develop Production Plan and Harvest Plan (Budgets and Forecasts) for the Farm.
- Direct and oversee the farm production activities and personnel.
- Oversee and ensure high safety standards by all staff and visitors at all times.
- Direct production activities to ensure safety and compliance with biosecurity and quality control standards, regulatory compliance and government lease agreements.
- Oversee and ensure good housekeeping at the farm at all times.
- Planning on the use of human resources and providing support and direction to team members; motivating and training of personnel in all aspects of operation to achieve production objective.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of reporting personnel.
- Ensure relevant procedures to maintain the protection of the environment and achieve safety, legality and quality aspects.
- Attend to any farm issues. Other duties assigned by the Area Offshore Manager.
The Person To be considered for this role, the candidate is expected to have:
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience at management level in Marine Fish Cage farming with proven competence in all disciplines of offshore fish cage farming.
- A University degree specializing in Marine Sciences, Marine Biology, Fisheries, Aquaculture and other related field. Apart from the foregoing, a background in Management and Logistics Operation will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of marine fish cage farming, offshore operation, and marine logistics management.
- Knowledge in diving safety, marine equipment and boats.
- Ability to design competitive and cost effective cage operation strategies to achieve desired results.
- Good critical analysis and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations.
- Strong communication and team skills, and able to operate in a matrix environment.
Contact David Cahill or Johnny Watters at email@example.com