Vertical Integration Company
- Capacity is 150,000,000 post larvae a month or 6,000,000 a day.
- Domesticated broodstock from Red Sea.
- Bio-secure facilities.
- Different types of feed (starter, juveniles, adults)
- Capacity is 10 MT of feed an hour.
- Raw material consumption: 4,500 MT/month 50,000 MT/year
- 15,000 MT/year of wheat/barley; 20,000 MT/year of soya bean meal; 9,000 MT/year of fish meal.
- Two/Three shifts per day.
- Capable of producing Shrimp and Fish feed.
- 3 Pumps Stations pumping up to 154m³ per second of clean sea water into the farm.
- A project of this scale with such as relentless focus on sustainability is remarkable in the global aquaculture industry.
- Water management is a key factor managing the farms. Clean sea water flows from the Red Sea to the pumping stations from where it flows into the farms by gravity.
- Water outflows are checked daily. The water is drained into the settlement ponds before it wind its way to the main outflow station.
- Water quality is checked regularly and each month the company has to pass stringent Government standards for water quality.
Shrimp Business Unit
- 16 farms with 511 open inland ponds.
- Average pond size is 10ha. (Semi closed system).
- Total water spread area approximately 4,177ha / 65 km of coastline.
- Technical capacity about 35,000 MT annually (120-140 MT / day). Up to six harvest points / night
- Harvest is taken to the processing plant within a maximum of 4 hours and will be in the cold store within 7 hours.
Fish Business Unit
- Circular Cage Culture: 3 circular Sea cage farms consisting of 14 to 24 cages each.
- Each farm has a capacity of 4,500 MT of fish production per year.
- Each farm is controlled from a feed barge giving 24/7 supervision and control of the production process.
- Sea cages farms supported by state of the art shore based hatcheries and pre grow-out facilities.
- Circular Cage Culture. Water based production and support systems
- Allows use of remote sites
- Allows uniformity between sites
- Land based only “home port”
- Coast guard and staff live on site
- Use of technology to minimize costs
- System to be chosen to optimize efficiencies
- Feeding and control center on site
Marine Culture utilizes desert land, saltwater, sunlight, minerals and enormous amounts of carbon dioxide to produce phytoplankton. National Aquaculture Group is developing a commercially viable business, which can contribute significantly to society by providing food and nutrition and, as a positive side effect, possibly help mitigate climate change.
Technology: Technology to cultivate from strain to product is completely developed in-house by a very small team of algae experts, who have over 20 yrs of experience in shrimp hatchery engineering, operations and management.
Marine Culture produces Carotenoids from "Dunaliella Salina" native of Red Sea for human and animal nutrition and "Nannochloropsis gaditana" a non-native strain, adapted to the environment of high saline; high temperature of Saudi Arabia is cultivated in raceways, envisioned to develop next to a power plant.
Marine Culture also conducts active research with "Ulva species" native of Red Sea, to co-culture with shrimp, technology is tested and ready for active commercialization to assist the shrimp farms through a bioremediation process, shrimp graze on Ulva species and reduce FCR, Ulva has antibacterial and antiviral compounds, complementing the shrimp's natural disease resistance.
- National Aquaculture Group Processing Plant capacity up to 140 MT per day of Shrimp and up to 50 MT of Fish in two shifts 5 days per week.
- Modern, highly automated facilities.
- Semi individually frozen (SIQF), Block frozen, Brine and IQF.
- Frozen goods in cold store at -23°C (3,850 tons ).
- Sushi like Quality Production (Certified partner).
- Technology: Innova Software for throughput / yield control / traceability.
- Power plant (41.6 MW)
- Pump station and water plants (lift up 154.5 m³/s)
- Central kitchen & cafeteria with 5,000+ meals / day
- Security teams
- School, Cultural, Recreation, Social Centers incl. Polyclinic
- National Aquaculture Group Processing